Monday 25 October 2010

New plans

So besides signing on, filling in the tax credit forms, applying for every job locally that I feasibly can, trying to claim mortgage payment protection insurance, trying to communicate with my ex-boss and friend (FAIL), working out what cake to make for Harry's party (eek) and the many many other things I find myself doing these days, I have come to a decision.

Working with children is the way forward.

So as I mentioned before, I am definitely pursuing childminding (and possibly nannying in the interim) as my most logical option. I have sent off the form and a deposit cheque for the initial briefing and I am hoping there will be a course nearby in the not too distant future. I will call them and chase it all up tomorrow. So I will be needing more equipment (double buggy - quite fancy the Jane Powertwin, but second hand of course) and I am starting to think of activities. The latter may be jumping the gun a tad but I am keen to do creative things. I feel this aspect is important as well as all the early years guff you have to cover.

I think this childcare path is right because the panic has eased off a bit since we decided this was a viable option. And that has to be a good thing.

My very good friend has just qualified/registered and I hope she doesn't feel I am treading on her toes. We are a little over a mile apart from one another, commuters would use different stations for each of us and we will probably offer different environments too. I hope you don't mind Net, if you're reading this. I am coming at it from the same angle as you. I get to be with Harry and earn money at the same time. I hope we can do some stuff together. Music and arty things maybe... :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good plan honey! My MIL was a childminder for 30 years, she loved it. Let us know how you get on :)

    Jane powertwins do look good, there's a few of the mums at the nursery here have them. We've got an obaby xi double which has survived a power of abuse from me (and the girls!) in the last year. It's been across fields, beaches,and rocky farm tracks so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks Jo, I will look that one up!

    ReplyDelete

Followers